Zoom! Teeth Whitening
Our teeth naturally yellow as we age, leaving some people with a smile that looks and feels unattractive to them. Drinking coffee or soda, smoking, receiving too much fluoride, or the effects of certain medications can also cause discoloration of the teeth. Perhaps you have purchased an over-the-counter teeth whitening kit from a drugstore only to feel disappointed with the result. If so, consider Zoom! professional teeth whitening from Fortson Dentistry instead.
What is Zoom! professional teeth whitening and how does it work?
Zoom! is the trade name of the teeth whitening kit that we use at Fortson Dentistry. Here are the steps in the procedure:
- The clinician will take impressions of your teeth to allow fabrication of custom trays for you to use at home for touch-ups of your whitening.
- They will then isolate your teeth protecting your gums and lips from the peroxide solution and the light that is used to activate this solution.
- A specially designed light will be placed on the teeth for 3 intervals of 15 minutes.
- As the peroxide is broken down, oxygen enters the enamel and dentin to whiten the stained substances, while leaving the structure unchanged and without any damage.
- When the process is complete the peroxide is rinsed away and the protective barriers are removed.
- You will leave with teeth that are 5 to 9 shades lighter and will be given an appointment to return in 3 days to pick up your touch-up trays.
Your results will typically last for many months and you will have your trays to whiten again as needed. If you are ready to change your smile you can request an appointment today.