Good oral health creates the best smile! The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that a child see a dentist by age one or within six months after the first primary tooth erupts. At Fortson Dentistry we perform these dental exams so we can determine what is needed right now and plan for your future dental care.
When you schedule regular exams, problems will be discovered early which will reduce the number of visits to our office and the chance of more costly procedures later.
Fortson Dentistry performs thorough dental exams at every cleaning. We will:
- Discuss your dental and overall health since your last exam
- Check for tooth decay, cracks, and chips
- Evaluate bite and jaw
- Examine existing restorations
- Screen for periodontal disease
- Conduct TMJ examination
- Screen for oral cancer
- Clean teeth thoroughly, removing plaque and stains
- Take x-rays as prescribed by the doctor based on the need of each patient
After each comprehensive dental exam, we’ll discuss our findings and make plans for any special treatments needed. Call Fortson Dentistry to schedule a comprehensive dental exam today. Taking care of your teeth and oral health today will help you maintain a healthy smile for a lifetime!